I was nominated for an award!! A BIG thank you to L.E. Pate for the nomination! This nomination was completely unexpected but very much appreciated and I feel honored to have been recognized! L.E. Pate is also an aspiring writer and I would encourage you to take a look at her blog.
HERE’S HOW THIS AWARD WORKS:
– I list 11 random facts about myself.
– I will answer the 11 questions asked of me by the person who nominated me.
– I will then nominate my 11 picks for the award along with my 11 questions for them to answer when they post a response.
– If you’re nominated, your name/link will appear at the bottom of this post along with your questions. Follow the same format; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees…but you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- My passion is dance. I’ve been dancing since age 4
- I love to sing
- I’m a mother of three young boys
- COFFEE, COFFEE, COFFEE!
- I am 5′ 2″ and my husband is 6′ 4″ lol
- I love EVERYTHING Chocolate
- My favorite color is purple
- My favorite holiday is Christmas; family, friends & giving
- One of my idiosyncrasies: No matter how bad a book is, I have to finish it
- My favorite number is 7
- One of my favorite quotes, “The longer you wait for something, the more you’ll appreciate it when you get it. Cause anything worth having, is worth waiting for.”
L.E. PATE QUESTIONS FOR ME:
1. What is your favorite thing to rant about? After reading the most incredible, spectacular, off- the- charts amazing novel and then you watch the movie, only to find out that they have changed some important aspects of the story… that’s when I have to rant.
2. What is your favorite aspect of writing? When I finish my manuscript (not the completed, edited, I’m-ready-to-publish version), the un-edited completely messy version. When I first completed my current manuscript a few years ago I think I cried a little. It was bitter-sweet to finally have my story (that I’ve worked so hard for and had countless hours of no-sleep) out on a page. It felt AMAZING!
3. What makes you feel the best that you have ever felt? When I sent my novel out to my beta readers and hearing how excited they were about it, and how they are eagerly awaiting my next book! I can’t put it into words!
4. How structured are you with your writing? I’m structured but also not lol… if that makes any sense. I’m structured in the sense that I work on my novel daily but not so much where I have set hours. It’s kind of hard having a “day job” and setting hours for yourself but I work on it when I can.
5. What has been the best book you have read in the last year? That answer will have to be Divergent by Veronica Roth. I couldn’t put the book down!
6. What is your favorite genre of books to write? To read? That one’s easy YA fiction! For reading…I like all types of genre’s but for right now my reading list is 85% YA fiction.
7. What or who inspires you to write? I love to get lost in a storyline. I have a lot of novels in my head and if I don’t get them out and onto a page I will go crazy! I want my readers to not only fall in love with my stories but also take something away with them. In my debut novel (coming 2013) not only is it a fictional story but it also has hidden “life situations” that I hope could help someone with their own situation in their “real” life.
8. How do you picture your writing career developing? I currently have two novel series and two individual novels that I want to write. My goal is that I will become a full time author within a few years time. In three years, I hope to have my current novel series out and on the New York Times best sellers list! Dreams can come true…right?
9. Who is your favorite classic author? Why? Margaret Mitchell who wrote Gone with the Wind. That novel has to be one of my all time favorite stories and consequently my favorite classic author.
10. Do you enjoy writing true to life events or creating your own world? Both! I love writing true- to- life but adding in the fictional aspect to it. I think it makes it more interesting and fun!
11. What is your favorite short story you have ever written? That would have to be the short story I wrote in High School (although at this point in time I can’t for the life of me remember what I called it). It was set in the 40’s about a girl in the country who was sent to live with an older couple because her parents died unexpectedly.
This particular short story is better sweet for me because it was the first time that my writing actually was noticed and got amazing reviews from my teacher. I believe that’s when my love for writing began.
HERE ARE MY NOMINATIONS. PLEASE CLICK ON THEIR LINKS BELOW AND TAKE A LOOK AT THERE WEBSITES.
- Danielle Sibarium – http://daniellesibarium.com
- Megan Hand – http://meganhandwrites.com
- Laura Howard – http://laurahoward78.blogspot.com
- David James – http://djamesauthor.blogspot.com
- Megan Whitmer – http://meganwhitmer.blogspot.com
- Jessica Freeburg – http://jessicafreeburg.com
- Jake Bonsignore – http://jakebonsignore.com
- Kendra Ayers – http://kendraayers.com
- Kelly Anne Blount – http://kellyblount.com
- Andrea Lynn Ford – http://andralynnford.com
- Laney McMann – http://laneymcmann.com
NOMINEES…HERE ARE YOUR 11 QUESTIONS:
- Who is your favorite author?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What type of genre do you like to read? Why?
- Where do you hope to be in 5 years?
- How long have you been writing?
- Who has inspired you throughout your life?
- What is one word to describe your personality?
- What is your favorite book? Why?
- Life’s to short for… (you fill in the blank)
- What is your desert island food (you only get one choice)?
- If you could have one celebrity on your speed dial, who would it be and why?
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!